"World Crown, My Lament"

 

Sometimes I write poems.  This is the first one I have put on this page.  Hope it sparks thought and encourages anyone needing encouragement.



Bless me God!  Bless those around me!

Not because we deserve it.

We deserve pain and punishment

Much less this abundant nourishment.

"I live sweat but I dream light years", (D Boon forever)

Such lofty thoughts piled on top of beers.

Honest thoughts collect into seas of tears.

No hope but for gospel tracks to erase those years.

Be humble yet radical, pointed but not strange

Tailor the message to one not the whole shebang.

Caught by my own indecision, lost in the moment.

For spirit and truth we pray in light of our lament.

But the other party works independently

the message whisked away from you so casually.

Beyond hope beyond grace beyond imagination

Inhaled and exhaled in rooms of stagnation

I didn't die. I would  never kill!

Where is the gospel when I breathe so freely?

My sin apparent to eyes that peer more clearly, 

backed up by all the accepted thoughts and titles.

Never thought I could be so guilty

Just because I want to live freely

Live like I did years ago and yesterday.

But guilt so heavy today, I must pray.

As a human, I get excited around other humans.

All alone is a bummer man.  Better surrounded by folks than.

Laughs, cries, tears, shouts, friends right beside

Breathing out, breathing in, sharing air, fellowship inside

Drum beats, hands clap, songs sung, arms embraced

We can't live in a vacuum, alone. Human life sees human face.

I cry tears over what has been lost.

Treasures sunk to the bottom of the sea.

Not gold or silver, but what's valuable to me.

Songs, people, attitudes, culture, events, society.

It's gone.  You can't see it maybe.  But it's ALL gone!

It will never come back fool! Where are your tears?

Remove the veil simple fiend. Remember past years.

The de-evolution prophesied by Devo back in the 80s.

They destroyed what survived nuclear bombs, no maybes.

Comments

Most Popular:

The Ethics Of Liberty - Knowledge, True And False

The Ethics Of Liberty - "Human Rights" As Property Rights

Human Life Straddles Two Realities

The Church And State In Romans 13

The Ethics Of Liberty - State Relationships Internal & External

The Ethics Of Liberty - Children And Rights